We've got a soccer player!
Well... maybe.
Mari started indoor soccer last week. She was so excited to play (if you can't tell by the picture).
We've been practicing and warning her that she might fall down. If any of you know Mari she is kind of a softy (is that a word?). Well it came to the night and we promised her if there were no tears we would get her ice cream afterwards (who cares that it was 10 degrees outside).
She walked right in there and played! I was so proud of her. I am one of those people that lets fear rule what I do. If I don't think I can do something, I won't even try. Just to see her go and do something that she hasn't ever done before, and not be nervous at all made me so happy.
The night was pretty hilarious though. Matt and I had the best time watching her try to figure it all out. Lets say she isn't the best soccer player at 4, but maybe someday she will be, and she is pretty dang cute. The whole game she kept making sure we were watching, while the ball would roll right on by. She even tried to be the goalie (I think 2 balls got past her), but she smiled the whole time. .JPG)
Here she is with her victorious ice cream. She didn't shed one tear.
Way to go Mari!!

12 comments:
She is so cute! I am proud of her!! And look at cute little Luc in the background she looks like such a little lady!!
WAY TO GO MARS!!! What a cutie! Drewie has those same shin guards. Something about little ones and soccer, i love it.
I miss you already! Keep me updated on how you are feeling. Tell the girls and Matt "hello". love ya, hyde
I love those pictures of Mari. Soccer is so fun! That has been my favorite thing that kids have done. It is so fun to go watch them play and cheer and laugh. I miss you, we gotta get together soon.
I know this is gonna say it is from Cody. I gotta figure out what I am doing wrong.
Hey Linza! She is such a sweetie. I love the pic of her in front of the goal, she looks so tiny. We really do need to get together... When?
She is so cute!! and tiny!! Addy's quite the softy too - like I think just mastered (maybe not even mastered yet) being able to climb up the indoor play stuff at Carl's Jr and the like...
too too cute!Maybe she can give my girls a pep talk and tell them soccer is cool!
Do you guys know what you are having yet?
Not yet, in about 3 weeks. We might both end up with 3 girls.
Mari is soo super cute! Whata doll! I am so proud of her. That takes a lot of guts to go try a sport you've never played and jump right into it. And, Lindsay, you don't stike me as someone who is "Fearful". You are always trying new and crazy things. Shoot, being married to Matt is pretty frightnening in itself! Hahaa! J/K! I can't wait to hear what you guys are having!!
YAHOO for Marz!!!
I want to come to her next game!!! Let me know, the girls would love to watch her. Hopefully it will get Izzy excited to play.. when I told her I signed her up for outdoor soccer she wasn't too thrilled.. =)
She looks so cute in her little uniform!! LOVE YA Mari!!!
Hey strangers! Looks like life is being good to you and your cute little family. Way to go Mari! Call me sometime. My number is still the same!!
Mari is so cute! She just looked so little compared to the other players. She reminds me a lot of Tatyana when she was Mari's age... Nobody can resist her charm...
Now that is cute. I can't wait till Kali can do sports and dance and all of that..
Post a Comment