Nightmare of a day!
So we made it back from our vacation. Luckily Hurricane Ike missed us. We did get to see him though, out of the window of our airplane. We had the best, most relaxing time. I will post about our trip later, but now I have to tell about our crazy day yesterday.
The girls were out playing in the backyard. I heard screaming and looked out the window. They were both in the sand box under their playground. I thought they were just fighting until I saw a swarm of wasps all over my girls. Mari was running for her life, but poor Lucy didn't know what to do, she was just standing there paralyzed in the middle of what looked to me to be hundreds of wasps.
I thought for a split second "I really don't want to run into the middle of a swarm of wasps!!" But being a mother there are certain things you have to do, even if you don't want too(I never thought this would be one of them). I ran to her and didn't know where to pick her up at, her little body was covered with wasps. I finally got her out and we ran to the house screaming all the way. I think I was screaming more than they were. I might have lost my cool a little bit. I thought I would have been more in control, but I lost it. I was running around the house, not really knowing what to do. I called Matt all frantic, he thought someone was dying, from all the crying he was hearing out of all of us. Finally I calmed down, and checked the girls over. Mari and I luckily only had 1 sting each, but poor Lulu had 8 that I could count. They are on her head, ear,neck,lip,chin and hand. I got them cleaned off and gave them Tylenol, when Lucy's face started swelling up (I wished I would have taken a picture,but at the time I was freaking out a little bit. She looked like she had been in a boxing match). We took her to Instacare just to be safe. They looked her over and gave her steroids, and a couple of other medications and sent us home. They are both fine now, but I think they are going to be a little scared of the playground for a while.

19 comments:
ahhhh I can't imagine how scary that must have been.. Poor LuLu.. After getting bit by a spider at my house she goes home to face a swarm of angry wasps.
I can't wait to see more photos of your trip.. love ya!
Linz, that is awful!! i was dying when heather told me. 8 wasp stings, what a little trooper. Give her a little squeeze for me. Stupid crazy wasps!!
Miss you guys!
My Mom told me about this today! I was dying. Poor Lucy! I HATE bees, so that would have been my worst nightmare! Way to be WonderMom and save your girls!I
That is sad for Lucy! That is so strange that they just attacked like that?! Go ask Scott what kind of spray he has it worked when he sprayed our house.
How are your new neighbors:(
The wasps have been so bad this year. We have so many at our house and finally called someone to spray. I am SO sorry that is so sad. :( I hope little Lucy is doing better.
Oh my gosh Linds!! I hate that! It once happened to Carsen when he was about Lucy's age. He was out on the swingset going down the slide and there was a nest under the slide. They totally attacked. The poor little guy just sat there on the top of the slide getting stung over and over until I could get him. He had like 10 or more all over his head. It is so sad, cuz They dont really know what is happeneing to them. OUCH!!! Poor Lucy!!!
That is so scary. You know Karter is allergic right? It is the scariest thing ever. I am glad to hear YOUR ALL OK!!
I hate wasps! I'm glad Lucy is okay, but that is scary!! I would totally have lost my cool too!
How HORRIBLE! I would definitely lose my cool.I'm glad you're all okay. How scary! :(
Lindsey, that's terrible! But I think you handled it well. (I'm not known for reacting well in stressful situations.) I have a good tip for you the next time someone gets a sting. Put a penny on it. There's something about the copper in the penny that neutralizes the sting. I was with Bo one day when he got 4 or 5 stings. We bandaided pennys all over his body and in a few minutes it was like he's completely forgotten about it.
Poor baby!! I can't imagine how scary that must have been for you guys! The wasps were just saying,"Welcome home, heres some drama just to make up for what you missed while relaxing with your hubby!"
Can't wait to see some pics from Dom Rep!
I think you might just win mother of the year award for that! That is so scary poor little lucy.. that is traumatic!
SAD! I feel so bad, I started crying when Aiden got stung by one I can't imagine! You are wondermom! I'm glad to hear that they made it, and you too! I can't wait to hear about the VACA!
What the heck are wasps even good for?!?! Are they food for some other animal (like pesky flies)? Do they pollinate like bees? Like, I can't figure out the reason Heavenly Father made them. Lauren got stung 3 times the other week on her hand from the nasty things. Glad to hear Luce is doing ok.
I am so sorry! Poor Lucy! Ah, the blessings of living near the water, eh?
I agree with Brittany! Why do we need wasps! Poor girls :(
i'm just waiting for some "G" rated pictures of your trip. ha ha
Ah! That happened to Sawyer too but not as bad...I looked over and there were three wasps attached to his hand and lots more buzzing around...and my first thought was "Ah! Find something to swat them with!" and then realizing there was nothing I grabbed him and ran. I didn't want to go over there though! It takes a second for those mom instincts to kick in I guess.
Post a Comment