4th of July in San Diego
Well, we're home after 10 great days in San Diego, and I am having major withdrawals. I don't know why life just seems so laid back there. Maybe it was because we were on vacation. Sometimes I could really see myself living there. Don't tell my Mom she wouldn't be happy. Anyway, you are going to get sick of my San Diego posts, but there was so much fun stuff going on I have to share.
The 4th of July was probably my favorite day. In the morning I ran a 10K, my first race ever! I was really nervous, I don't know why, it's just running. But it went really well, I ran faster and farther than I ever have in my whole life. I have to say though I was really happy when I was done. That was the best part, to have it over with. I don't think I enjoy running as much as Matt, but I am glad I did it..JPG)
This is the starting line, if you can zoom in on the speedo gang. They were pretty hilarious, they didn't last long though. I passed them before 1 mile was over and they were all walking.
This is the start of the race, when I was happy to be running.
After the race we went back to Matt's parents and spent the day relaxing in the pool.
Later that night we met up with Matt's cousins for a BBQ on the beach. It was such a pretty night. The girls had a blast in the water looking for crabs and shells. We weren't sure we would be able to see the fireworks with all the fog, but it cleared out just in time.
Our little family under the pier.
.jpg)
Mari really surprised me, she loved the waves. She was in the water till it got dark. Lulu of course loved the crabs. She tried to pick them up, but thankfully never got one.
Lucy's new face whenever we say cheese.
The girls watching the fireworks
Nothing better than fireworks on the beach, a first for me. I loved it!!

10 comments:
Can I just say you are amazing? Great job with the running! So your holiday/vaca looked like a blast! I love the family picture under the pier, beautiful!
Congrats on the race! You'll have to tell me all about it. I love the beach pics, especially the one of your family under the pier. I might have to copy that one sometime.
Could you be any cuter running your race? I dont think so, you're a hottie! I want to watch fireworks on the beach, that looks awesome!
You and Matt seriously make me hate myself every time I see you go running!! I love the fireworks on the beach idea. I think I will have to go there one of these years! I love San Diego and fireworks I can't think of a better combination!!
I'm glad you guys had such a fun trip. Congrats on your race that's awesome.
Ya we were bummed we missed you guy's at the beach. Lilly had no girlfriends as usual :-) Well maybe next year. Josh and I were hoping to make a Utah trip when Paige gets a bit older. We would love to visit all of you, we also have some friends in Vegas and St. George so it would be a cool little road trip.
hello beautiful!!
loved seeing all the fun you guys have been having! Love Lucy new "cheese" grin. both of the girls looks so cute. love the pictures by the pier, very nice.
we missed you guys..i miss you!
hopefully, we'll see each other soon. love ya, hyde.
your beach/pier fireworks pictures are so pretty love em!! Way to go on the race that's awesome you really are a little cuite out there. Are you sure those guys in speedos weren't chasing after you??
You have thoroughly inspired me, Lindsay! I am sooo proud of you for running that race, truly an accomplishment-great job!! And great pics at the beach! Heather G.
I love the pics on the beach under the pier!!! I have never seen fireworks on the beach and now I totally want to.
I love the pics on the beach under the pier!!! I have never seen fireworks on the beach and now I totally want to.
Post a Comment