Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Anniversary



Well it's been a couple of weeks, but I had to post about our anniversary. 6 years! Wow, where does the time go. It either feels like its flown by or its been forever. It has been the best 6 years. It has been full of some of the greatest adventures. I love to think back on those times we we were first married and living in the scariest basement apartment. It didn't seem to phase us though we were so happy. Then every year just keeps getting better. Now 2 little girls later it seems like we are the happiest. Don't get me wrong there are hard times too, but at the end of each year it always tops the last. I really did marry my best friend. Thanks Matt for 6 great years!



This year we decided to spend our day together as a family. We went hiking and camping in Moab (one of our favorite places). It was the perfect day, good weather, the kids loved hiking around. We went back to camp, the girls loved the camp fire and the smores. Then it came to the camping part, lets say it wasn't so good. Lucy is the type of baby that doesn't fall asleep in your arms. She has to be in her own crib. So after Matt walked around the fire about 500 times she finally fell asleep. We head to the tent for a good nights rest. Then, Mari who was just getting over strep started snoring louder than any adult I have ever heard. We tried everything to get her to stop, but nothing worked. After an hour or so we finally stuffed our ears with toilet paper. Matt leaned over and while laughing says Happy Anniversary! It was pretty hilarious, but it doesn't end there. At 2 a.m. Lucy wakes up and walks circles around the inside of the tent for 2 hours. I finally couldn't take it anymore and drove around till she fell asleep, and we slept in the car. The next morning we were to exhausted to hike so we had a relaxing day at the city park. It turned out to be a memorable trip, one we'll think back on and laugh. I think next year we'll plan something for just the 2 of us.

6 comments:

HeatherK said...

yeah!Happy six years together! I love you guys!!!
your trip cracks me up, it totally sounds like something that would happen to us. Next year your getting away for the weekend and I'm watching your kids! I hope your coming over tonight for the AMerican Idol party yeah!!!!
go DAvid A!!!!

Monica said...

This story is too funny Lindsay. I love it!

Amanda said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are brave-o for even attempting camping with a one year old.

Ali said...

That is best story, I would say we need to go on a camping trip together, but who knows when you'll be ready for another weekend like that! Looks like it was a great time over all though, your pictures are so cute.

Lindsay K. said...

We are already planning more camping trips, I've just figured we have to bring a port-a-crib to survive. So lets go camping!

The Edwards Family said...

Congrats on your anniversary. Looks like you had a lot of fun in Moab.