Salt Lake Marathon
Matt finished his first marathon of the year! 5 more to go. We had a great day that started at 5 a.m. We dropped Matt off at the starting line, to music blaring and a gospel choir. From there we got breakfast and waited for Matt to pass at Sugarhouse park. The whole time Mari was yelling "good job" to all the runners. She really had a blast. After he passed we went to the finish line to wait it out with the crowds for 2 and a half hours. Let's just say I felt like I had run a marathon by the time it was over. Trying to save a spot for that long with 2 over tired girls, one that has no concept of strangers, and another that had to keep going to the potty every 1/2 hour. Even though it was hard it was such a fun day. It was really inspiring to see all the different runners. We are so proud of you Matt!
.jpg)
Pre run, looking good!
.jpg)
Post run, still looking good after 26.2 miles!
I'm not sure who is more tired Matt, Lucy or me.

9 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!What an accomplishment!!!!!!
congrats Matt on another marathon!!
We're missing you guys! We need to plan a camping trip to Zions or something!
Way to go, Matt! I hope that someday soon I can do a half marathon, but I don't think I'll ever do a full. Unless I become a paraplegic and you push me in a jogging stroller. :)
Way to go Matt, you are awesome for running the marathon (plus 5 more this year)!! Lindsay you are awesome for being such a good Mom and wife. I would have loaded up the kids after about twenty minutes.
So that's why we've seen you running around the neighborhood so much. Congratulations!!!
Did you happen to see Curt? He ran that Marathon too. Way to go Matt!
Did you say 5:00 a.m. .. Whoa that is pure dedication.. I think Matt should give you that medal.
Matt is amazing. I wish someday I can accomplish that!!! I am making my blog private so please go mine and leave me your email address so I can send you an invite. Thanks.
Post a Comment