ABC's of Boston
A - Adults only! We were lucky enough to get away for a week without our girls.
B - Boston Tea Party, we were there on tax day and got to see some rallies. Boston Commons. Bagels, our breakfast every single morning (carbo load) thanks to our hotel. Most important the Boston Marathon. Matt worked so hard to get there, and it really paid off. He got his best time ever 2:58:29 on such a challenging course. It was really neat to be a part of the crowds, and see all the amazing runners.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
C - Celtics game. We were able to see the Celtics play their last game of the season. It was a bummer that none of the big players played, but the game was still fun, and they won. Cancelled Flights. On our way home the flight got cancelled, but it actually worked in our favor, we got a direct flight and home 3 hours earlier.
.jpg)
D - Drunk Bums, Driving up the coast, and the most Delicious Diner – South Street.
.jpg)
.jpg)
E - Early Anniversary, Our 7th anniversary was actually Monday. So we decided that this trip was both of our anniversary presents. Every meal out there was an anniversary dinner.
F - Ferry Ride. Walking the Freedom Trail was one of my favorite things. It’s a trail through the city that takes you through a ton of historical sites. Finish Line!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
We went to a couple of graveyards right in the middle of the city. The oldest gravestone I saw was from 1689. It’s so crazy how old things are there..jpg)
H - Visiting Harvard, and Matt’s conquering of “Heartbreak Hill”.
I - In Laws. Matt’s parents came out at the end of the week to watch Matt run. We were able to spend a couple of fun days with them.
.jpg)
J - John Kerry. Random I know, Matt saw him and he wished Matt luck at the beginning of the race.
K - Kittery, Maine. One day we drove up the coast to Maine. I’ve always wanted to see Maine. It was really beautiful!
L - Legal Sea Foods. Supposedly the best seafood in Boston. We had lunch here with Matt’s parents right after the race. It’s right on the water, and was really good!
M - Maine, and Movies. We had to catch a movie since we were kid-less.
N - New Hampshire was one of my favorite places we went. Portsmouth is an old artsy little town with red brick roads. Neil Diamond being sung by all the Redsox fans. I guess it’s a tradition, and it made my night to hear all these Bostonians singing Sweet Caroline.
O - Old North Church..jpg)
P - PT Cruiser, the fantastic rental car we had. . . It sucked. Paul Revere.
.jpg)
Q - Quality time together. It’s cheesy I know, (c’mon Q is hard) and it was nice to have some time to ourselves before this baby comes.
R - Red Sox game. Probably one of my favorite nights. It’s was a great game and fun to be in Fenway Park. They came back from 0-7 and won. We went to dinner after the game at a local pizza place filled mostly with fans.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
S - Subway rides. We rode the Subway everywhere and for some reason I couldn’t get enough of the smell (loved it). Swollen Ankles. My poor feet, every night I was amazed that they could get any bigger. They are finally back to normal. Swearing, I think everyone in Boston does this. . . a lot.
T - Team Hoyt!!! I didn’t get to see them run, but meeting them was even better. If you haven’t heard of them look them up on youtube; they are amazing!
.jpg)
U - Uncle Cliff & Aunt Amy, you know I wouldn’t forget you, I told you I would blog about it! We visited Matt’s Uncle Cliff and his wife Amy. It was a nice relaxing day before the race. They live in the most beautiful place in a house that was built in the 1790’s. Thanks for a great day!
.jpg)
V - Victorious Finish! (V was hard too) But it was a great finish to the race and the vacation.
W - Walmart. We stopped here to get some earplugs and it was as white trash as it is here. Plus they had a creepy greeter that was a hybrid of Slash (GnR) and a grave digger (had a top hat and dark glasses). Warren’s Lobster House. We had to have lobster while we were in Maine, it was really good!!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

21 comments:
I love your blog. Looks like a fun trip!
That made me homesick! Glad you guys had a great time. Now you're ready for that little one to get here right?
What a fun post. I love how you did the ABCs.
That is awesome...and meeting team Hoyt what an experience. They amaze me along with you and Matt tell him congrats!!
Fun post! I'm glad you guys had a fun trip. Congratulations Matt! I wanted to see some pregnancy pics. You look awesome! When is your due date?
How fun! And you are so creative. I'm glad you were able to get away!
How fun!! Congrats to Matt. We'd love to go to Boston someday!
I am so Jealous!!! That had to be so much fun. Nick and I want to do a trip like that SOOO bad. Some day....
How did you pack this all in in less than a month? It was wonderful seeing Matt again and finally meeting you. And we hope you come back soon. // Uncle Cliff
How fun, I want to go to Boston now. Congrats Matt.
What a fun post! Very creative... Congrats, Matt!! I'm glad you guys had a good time...
Look's like you had a great time! I hope your feet are ok. I hate that hot itchy feeling when they get all swollen. I remember that all to well.
Hi, Friend!!! I am so happy for you guys that you were able to have such an amazing trip! What an accomplishment for Matt! That is so awesome. And I wouldnt' expect any less from you guys fitting 500 things in to your short week.;) Boston looks so interesting. Thanks for sharing all the cool photos. And your Abcs were very creative and cute :) your Swolen ankles reminded me of when we went to NY when I was 8months preg just like you. I thought my feet would fall off at the end of each night-but it was sooo worth it! Good luck with everything and I cant' wait to see you guys this summer (Hopefully:D *fingers crossed*)
I'm so jealous. And so glad that you had such a great trip!
Could you guys have fit one more thing into that packed trip?!! So much fun!!!!
Congrats Matt on your great run!
Your trip looked like so much fun! That is pretty incredible that Matt did that race!!
p.s. you looks so cute with that little belly! We should all get together sometime.
awesome trip! I love the whole ABC's you are too cute. Glad the feet are back to normal. I swear they put some sort of relaxing spray in the subway ventilation, it makes me so sleepy! Looks like fun and I am so jealous.
Hello Lovie! Thanks for dinner idea tonight. It was fun to get together for mexican food for cinco de mayo. I loved looking at your pics!!! Your trip looked like so much FUN! I can't believe all the stuff you did! You look so cute in all your pics! LOVE YOU!
Hey prego...
Loved your post!! Loved your pictures, looks like such a good time. And Matt, we think you are amazing!! Great Job!
That same Boston trip I took a few years ago to the marathon was my favorite trip ever! You did so many of the same things we did.. Boston is one of my favorite cities ever! Tell Matt congrats on an awesome run! :) How are you feeling?
Congrats Matt! What a fun trip. And what a cute way to post about it!
Post a Comment