Thursday, October 23, 2008

Its been one busy October

Our busy month started off with Matt's last marathon of the year. We were thinking we would spend a nice warm relaxing (for me) weekend in St. George. Too bad it rained the whole weekend. Can you imagine running 26.2 miles in the rain! I don't even really want to think about it, it makes me tired. Matt did great though. He beat all his other times and got a 2:58.


This was the only time that we've made Matt a sign. Mari was really bummed that we didn't really get to use it. It was just too rainy and we didn't see Matt 'til after he passed the finish line. The girls were such good sports in the rain. They loved cheering on the runners.

A couple days later it was Mari's birthday. I can't believe she is 4. We had such a fun day. We had lunch with Grandma Karen at Heaps. Where Mari had to tell the waiter that when she went to bed last night she was 3, but when she woke up all the sudden she was 4!! She thinks she is so grown up now.

That night we went to Chuck E Cheese's. The girls had a blast and we didn't spend a penny. Mari got 20 free tokens for her birthday, and she thought it was the greatest.

Don't look too close at the cake, it's supposed to be Barbie Mariposa. I laugh every time making these cakes, but I do it every year. Whatever they want they get, and they're still young enough to think they are the greatest things. What I am going to do when they get older and don't want to be embarrassed by these hilarious cakes?

After her birthday Mari had her first ever field trip with her preschool.

They went to Cornbelly's, and I had to tag along. I can't pass it up when there is something fun to do.

We have been trying to fill up our days with outside activities before it gets too cold.

We took the girls miniature golfing one night.

And we have been hitting up the park as much as we can.

October is a busy birthday month for our family 3 of my 4 sisters birthdays are this month.

Happy Birthday
Heidi, Kari and Heather (from left to right)
That is our October so far.
The best part of October is still a week away, I can't wait for Halloween!!

7 comments:

The Nixons said...

Busy month, but it sound like you've had a lot of fun things going on. Happy Birthday to Mari!!! Cute pictures, oh we'll have to do chuck e cheese sometime my girls love it!

Kate said...

Cuuuuute pictures. And, I don't know what you're talking about - your cakes are ALWAYS fabulous!!

kj said...

Hey you're back. That is great that Matt did so well. Mari & Lucy look so cute in all the pictures. That b-day cake was the best! You know Mari was totally loving it. I want one! Love you, can't wait to see you guys next week! Love ya

TheGefrom5 said...

What fun! I love all the pics. And your cake looks great! At least it wasn't leaning over to one side like Brielles!
I love the pic of you and your sisters! How cool is that? Are you guys still planning on coming down for thanksgiving? We miss you guys!

The Workman's said...

4 is so old!!! I can't believe that they are growing up so fast. Pretty soon you'll be blogging that she just turned 16!! and she's going to her first dance!! and when you do I'll be like...Oh my gosh 16 is sooo old!!!
;0) Those girls are adorable and congrats to Matt!

Haskell Fam said...

Holy Busy I'd say! Isn't it fun though! Great job to Matt, and what troopers you are to sit and watch in the rain. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever! Glad to see everything is going great!

heidi said...

i love seeing a new post! Love seeing your girls. Congrats to Matt on the race, even in the rain. That picture of Mari holding up her fingers is one of the cutest pictures i've ever seen. Can't wait to see you guys! love you!