LINDSAY USAIN BOLT . . .

. . . Except with a little less speed and bit more endurance! I'm a proud hubby today. Don't jump on me just yet; I'm proud of her everyday, and the things she does all day outshine something as trivial as this . . . but Lindsay just ran the Friggin Hobble Creek Half-Marathon!!! She only missed two days of training out of about 3 or 4 months, got up and did early morning runs, learned to take gu, suffered through all my running "tips", and smashed her goal of a 2 hour half by getting a 1:53:03. I was able to run with her and pace her for an 8:38 pace she was able to pretty consistently maintain the whole way. When she first started training, she could barely do a mile (at about a 12:30 pace). Last two miles of the race she made it a point that she was never doing this again . . . then at breakfast at Magelby's she was already talking about her next one. I think she's got the bug.
It was a fun day as Heather, Ryan, and our Nephew Elliott ran the race as well. Heather pulled out a good finish with only running 3 miles maybe a couple/few times a week!! I think Ryan and Elliott both ran the thing backwards and with ease. We then finished the day with some hours at the Payson pool, then the Owlz game with the whole Bliss/Konold clan.
Thanks for being AWESOME Babe!! I'm proud of you! (even though you'll look like a dork walking around for the next couple of days).

It was a fun day as Heather, Ryan, and our Nephew Elliott ran the race as well. Heather pulled out a good finish with only running 3 miles maybe a couple/few times a week!! I think Ryan and Elliott both ran the thing backwards and with ease. We then finished the day with some hours at the Payson pool, then the Owlz game with the whole Bliss/Konold clan.
Thanks for being AWESOME Babe!! I'm proud of you! (even though you'll look like a dork walking around for the next couple of days).


20 comments:
Good job Linds!! I am so proud of you and proud of Matt for knowing how to post something on your blog. Scott would never do that! I love watching you guys leave the neighboorhood all the time for your training. Now I just need to get to the point I can come with you so I can look half as good as you do!!
Linz! YOU ROCK GIRL! I am way proud of you! Maybe you and I should race sometime??? ha
nice legs slim...
I'm so proud of you guys...and bummed that i wasn't there. wahhh. but i'm excited for this weekend. i better see your face! You guys have got to stop having fun without me...i will not stand for it! love you binz! I'm serious about seeing your face. miss ya!
oh, and i love your new layout..you guys have got skillz..
see, you didn't need my help after all. love you!
I love the new look, I love the super-cute pics of your girls, I love that you rock ... I just love you guys!!
Congrats again!
Heidi, I don't have the skills. I gave Heather my password and she did it for me. How sad is that? I am computer illiterate. I can't wait to see you either. I will be there all weekend, but we need to talk Heather into staying.
OK, it's official. You're my hero. Great JOB! You are very inspiring. I love it. And thank you for being so selfish and doing all that hard work just to be an inspiration for me and get me motivated. You're the best! ;) Seriously, really impressive, Lindsay!! And I, too, LOVE your new page!! Sooo cute. And how sweet of proud-hubby Matt to post that about you. :) Keep up the good work! Oh, and I think I might have told you worng about the Blog list updater thing, let me know if you figured it out or if I totally confused you more! :)
I'll Just have all of you know that I'm the one that started our blog, okay. Somehow she commandeered the thing and I gave up. The reality is that it started turning into a chick thing and I had to get out fast . . . very, very fast. - MATT
Congrats Linds!!! You've come a long way since our days running on the dungeon track at the highschool. I'm inspired!! You're AWESOME!
You are awesome Lindsay!! So proud of you!!
Wow!! That time is awesome!! Maybe you can come train me and teach me to like Gu. You guys look amazing...It would be fun to do a race with you guys sometime.
Way to go speedy! I think that was pretty awesome running! Where did this running bug come from!?! Remember the days of soccer when it was all we could muster to get around the backstops 2 times!?! I hope to be joining you on your next one!
Love Ya!!
Way to go! SO proud of you!!
Congrats, Linds!! Your family pics/pics of the girls are GORGEOUS! Where'd you get 'em?
I am tagging you...go to my blog to find out what to do!! Have a good day!!
Props to Lindsay!!! Man, I was exhausted just reading about it. I am such a wimp! You are awesome!
way to go kid!!!Watch out Matt!
Wow! You're amazing. We inherited a treadmill and let me tell you a mile about kills me. Awesome!
Way to go Lindsay! I am so proud of you. That is an amazing accomplishment. I think you should reward yourself with something great, like a shopping trip with no kids!
Wow--you are awesome! And still super hot. Matt is one lucky guy, even if you did take over his blog.
Post a Comment