Boston here we come!
We're coming, but not until April.
Matt ran his 3rd marathon of the year! He ran the Deseret News Marathon in Salt Lake on the 24th of July. He took 18th place out of 600 people! He also accomplished 2 of his goals.
1. He got a qualifying time for the Boston Marathon. I am so excited for him. He has worked really hard to get this. And I am really excited for myself; I have never been there, so I am really looking forward to seeing the sites. I also love to watch these races, it gets me all pumped up for just a second, then I realize it's kind of hard to run (I'm working at it though).
2. He really wanted to break 3 hours, and he did by 35 seconds. He finished in 2 hours 59 minutes and 25 seconds. I was really nervous when the time got to 2:58, and I hadn't seen him yet. I was thinking "well he's not going to make it, but I'm sure he'll qualify." Then he came running around the corner just in time. It was really exciting.
Matt I think you're awesome!!
Thanks for the trip to Boston next year!!

14 comments:
You are awesome Matt!
Wow...that is amazing! You'll have fun in Boston. We were planning to take the boys to the aquarium or the science museum there during our trip last month, but Bryce ended up in the E.R. instead thanks to the contaminated water at Scout Camp. It is a fun city to visit. ~ Erin Ott
Mommy's proud of her "baby"!
How awesome for Matt!! Congrats!
I really admire people that can run a marathon. It takes a lot of dedication and strength. Congratulations Matt!!
WOW, that's awesome Matt!!! Congratulations on meeting two of your goals. Boston will be so much fun for you guys.
I'm still awestruck. Congrats again, Matt!
I'm with Erin - you MUST go to the Aquarium in Boston. It's really cool. (Of course, I was 15 the last time I went, but I remember it being really cool!) How long are you guys going to be in MA? There's a lot of places outside of Boston that you should see if you have time. We'll chat.
way to go matt!!! Looks like that book about running marathons paid off. we love you guys, feels like it's been a while since we've seen your cute faces! I need some Lindsay time!!
YEAH MATT!! That is so amazing! I'm glad your taking all of us to Boston! ha ha ha
Ryan told me about this and I couldn't believe it--crazy! I think I once ran a mile under 7 minutes in middle school and I about died! You'll LOVE Boston. It's so fun!!
CONGRATS! What a awesome adventure! Way to go! I can't believe your endurance!! Have so much fun in Boston, and train hard so you can beat those Kenyans!
SWEET!!! Holy cow, what an amazing feat! Both Mark and I are thoroughly impressed. How exciting to qualify for such a world famous race. Does that mean Matt's famous now? will he have paparazzi following him as he races? Actually, Mark found some spy-wear gear at Toys R Us the other day and thought it'd be perfect for he and Matt to play with. Maybe he will be Matts personal bodyguard-just an idea... Well, you must tell him congrats! And we miss you guys! :) Heather
We are very impressed! Way to go Matt! And now a trip to Boston. How fun and exciting. You deserve it!
Hi Matt...just came across your blog- so random! It's Liz from DT Freshman year! You're family is beautiful - congrats!! My email is lizcuster1109@yahoo.com. Drop me a line sometime!
Post a Comment