Saturday, November 24, 2007

3 years!

Mari turned 3 a month ago. I cannot believe that time has flown by so fast. She was just my little baby, and now she's a little adult. She has been the funnest little girl. She has always been such a good girl, even from day one. Don't get me wrong she has her moments, but for the most part she is an angel. She keeps me laughing everyday, and she is such a cuddlebug.





I am not the most creative person, but I told Mari she could choose whatever kind of cake she wanted, and I would try to make it. I figured sometimes they will work out, other times we can have a good laugh. She chose a princess cake. I tried and laughed while I made this. But she thought it was the coolest cake ever. Her reaction made it well worth it.










Mari's Birthday fell on the day that Matt ran the St. George Marathon. I somehow talked him into driving to California after so we could go to Disneyland. We went with my sister, her family, and my Mom and Dad. We had the best time. Disneyland was decorated for Halloween, which got Mari excited to dress up this year. The girls had 3 full days of Disneyland, while the boys went 2 days and met Matt's Dad and Nephew at Magic Mountain for a day. Mari was so excited, she still talks about turning 3 in Disneyland.









My highlight was seeing David Beckham. Yes, he was there I saw him a couple of times, and he is cuter in real life!





After Disneyland we went to San Diego to visit Matt's parents. The weather was so perfect and the girls both loved seeing Grandma and Grandpa (and Great Grandpa/ma). We spent alot of the time down at La Jolla Cove. It was fun to hang out with family and friends. We were all sad to come home to cold Utah.





7 comments:

Kate said...

Mmmmm ... David Becham.

Cute pics, you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Linz!
I am impressed with Mari's Cake! What a super mom!
Your girls are so cute!

Was David's spice girl with him?
Weren't you Scary spice in high school when we all claimed our spice girl impersonation?

xoxo
Ali

Amanda said...

I looked for David Beckham the whole time we were there but he was nowhere to be seen. It would have made my day!!

I forgot about the Spice Girls days I think you were Scary Spice and Charlott was Sporty Spice thats all I remember. Too funny!

*You have the cutest family! And a friend that posts comments in portuguese.

Lindsay K. said...

How come my memories are so bad? I can't really remember the spice girl days.

I'm not sure who the random brazilian comment was from, but the more the merrier.

Haskell Fam said...

I love the cake, you did great! Your family is so cute I can't believe how big your girls are now!! Lydi is turning four in a month and I am dying! I am way jealous that you went to Disneyland and even more so that you saw hottie-pa-tottie! In our group of high school spice girls I was Sporty:) Anyway you guys are way cute! Good luck with your marathon training!

ps- I got a funky message from that same person. Maybe a blog stalker?!?Ha

Mahana said...

Adorable. It seems so weird that we haven't even met your girls yet. We'll have to figure something out. A friends reunion or something...maybe hawaii??? jake's parents just built a house on the big island so we have a place to hammock! by the way...at least you weren't going back to freezing alaska!

Ali said...

Linz, How can you not remember spice girl days? You should start taking ginko biloba I heard that is good for memory loss.:)

p.s. you really need get posting! I used to be the slacker poster and now I think I have out did you this month.
See you on thursday!